In this video, Chris reviews some of the tools available in the PivotTable Analyze and Design tabs, including slicers and timelines, calculated fields, PivotCharts, and table styles.
- [Instructor] So once you've added a pivot table in Excel,…you'll see a new menu header called pivot table tools,…and within that, two tabs: analyze and design.…These tabs contain all of the tools and options…that are specific to pivot tables.…So for example, if we drill into the analyze tab,…here you'll find any tool and option…that will help to supplement our analysis…using this pivot table.…Got general options, we can expand and collapse fields,…group things together, insert slicers and timelines,…we can refresh the pivot or change the data source,…clear, select, or move the entire table,…we can add calculated fields,…and even insert things like pivot charts.…
So we'll be diving in to each of these tools,…in depth, in the upcoming sections of the course.…I just want to make you aware that this is…where these tools live, and that they're organized…into these two tabs within the pivot tables header.…So the second tab is design, and this is…where you can customize the look and feel…of the table itself.…So you can choose whether or not to show…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.