Join Chris Dutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced conditional formatting, part of Excel PivotTables Part 1: Mastering PivotTables and PivotCharts.
- [Instructor] Alright so to this point,…the demos that we've walked through,…pine conditional formats to our pivot table,…have followed a very similar approach…to how we would conditionally format…a static range of cells,…but the difference is that pivot tables aren't static,…they're constantly changing with different row labels,…column labels, filters, and so on.…And what I want to show you here is…that we actually have options to customize, or change,…the scope of our formats, and what that means,…is that we can customize how our formatting reacts…as we manipulate our pivot table.…
So first and foremost,…let's select these data bars that we created.…I'm going to right click and choose "number format",…can also use the "control one" shortcut…to access the "format cells dialogue" box,…and let's change this to general,…so that we can see those values again.…We're going to go into our home menu, conditional formatting,…clear rules from the selected cells.…So, kind of back to the blank canvas here.…And what I want to do is, instead of data bars,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.