- You can easily adjust the width of columns…and the height of rows and nearly always, you don't need…to go into the menu system, but instead,…use the actual boundaries between columns…and between rows.…On this worksheet, if you look at columns B, C, D, et cetera…across the top, the column widths are probably not the same.…Now, it's fairly subtle, and sometimes you care,…sometimes you don't, but if we wanted…to make a column wider, a standard method is not necessarily…to go into the Home tab, and you can do that, ultimately.…Off to the right, under Format,…you'll see some choices there.…
But why not just say, if we want column D to be narrower,…we point to the boundary between columns D and E,…the actual letters, click…and drag a big leftward or rightward.…This is quite a common technique.…As we do this we do see the size,…most of the time we probably don't care.…It's 131 pixels, now it's 137.…More likely is this idea.…We probably would want these to all be the same,…if the numbers that we're seeing here…are in the same, more or less, frame.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.