Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting displays quickly with grouping and outlining symbols, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- On this worksheet called Expand-Collapse,…we see a list, a subtotal list,…created in the previous movie.…There two layers of subtotals here…the major layer, as I…highlight the data for Admin Training here,…a total at the bottom…based on the major grouping by Department…and within that Contract Totals,…Full Time, Half-Time, Hourly, subsidiary, subtotal there.…Now, whenever you create subtotals you also get…outlying numbers and symbols…down the left hand side of your screen.…
Now, if I click the number "3" right now,…the list collapses so that we're only seeing subtotals.…The major subtotals, the column "B" by Department…and the subsidiary subtotals in column "D" by Status.…If I clicked the number "2",…this collapses the list to only show…the upper level of subtotals by Department.…Clicking number "1" is not too useful.…Shows us only the Grand Total.…Again, clicking number "2",…top layer along with the Grand Total.…
Option 3 and Option 4 shows us all the information.…Now, at different times you might want…to expand and collapse this in different ways.…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.