Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Additional resources, part of Excel 2010: Financial Functions.
Thank you for working with me through Excel 2010: Financial Functions in Depth.…I hope you have learned a lot and that you've learned about some capabilities…that you might not have known Excel had.…If you want to dealt further into financial analysis using Microsoft Excel,…I want to point out three separate resources for you.…The first is my Excel 2007: Financial Analysis course which is available here in…the lynda.com Online Training Library.…Even though the title says Excel 2007, it also applies to Excel 2010 and Excel…2003 and there are also two books that I would like to recommend.…
The first is called Principles of Finance with Excel by Simon Benninga.…It's a wonderfully complete reference.…So, if you really want to get in depth into finance with Excel, that's a great way to go.…The final resource I'd like to point out is the book Microsoft Excel 2010: Data…Analysis and Business Modeling by Wayne L. Winston.…That book has a broad variety of techniques that you can use for finance and for…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Discovering the interest rate of an annuity
- Determining depreciation using the straight line, declining balance, double-declining balance, and other methods
- Calculating the future value of an investment with variable returns
- Finding the discount rate of a security
- Converting between fractional prices and decimal prices
- Determining the yield of securities that pay interest periodically
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting Excel formulas on lynda.com.
Managing and Analyzing Data in Excel 2010with Dennis Taylor1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Calculating Prices and Yields of Securities with Odd Periods
Additional resources1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.