Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a trendline to a PivotChart, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you analyze data using a pivot chart,…you must close attention…to the individual values in your data sets.…Evenso, it's often beneficial to take a step back…and look at the overall trends in your data.…You can enhance your analysis…by projecting future values,…assuming current trends stay constant,…by adding a trendline to your pivot chart.…I will show you how to add a trendline to a pivot chart.…As my sample file, I'll use the Trendline Excel workbook.…
You can find that in the Chapter06 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…I have my data laid out in a line chart,…although I could also use a column chart.…And what I'd like to do is project future values,…say to the first quarter of 2016,…based on the existing values…within the pivot table data set.…So you can see here that I have data for 2014 and 2015,…all four quarters of both years.…
To add a trendline,…I will click the body of the pivot chart…and then click the Chart Elements button.…And then from among the Chart Elements,…I will check the Trendline box.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.