Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding data to the worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- Scheduling employee staffing levels depends…on the number of employees…you need to have available at given times.…So far in this chapter,…we have added the start and end time…of each time period we want covered,…as well as the start and end time…of each possible shift.…With that framework in place,…we can add our staffing requirements…for each two hour period.…The staff required numbers will need to go…in cells B4 through B15.…So I'll click in cell B4,…and I'll type in my first number,…that'll be 14, enter.…
Then in B5, it'll be 8, enter.…B6 will contain the value 7.…And cell B7, the number 4.…And B8, the number 7 again.…B9, the number 8, enter.…B10, the number 7, enter.…Then in B11, type 6.…In B12, it'll be 5.…That is, the number 5.…And B13, the number 9.…B14, the number 10.…And in B15, the number 12,…and I'll press tab to move to the side.…
And that's all we have to do at this point.…We have the data that we need,…and an outline that makes it readable.…In the next movie,…I'll move on and show you how to create…the summary formulas that you need…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.