Once a worksheets framework is in place…we can add the data that Solver will use…in it's calulations.…There are three types of information we need…The cost of moving a train car from…a supply yard to a depot,…The number of cars available in each…of our four yards that supply the cars,…and the number of cars required by each of the five depots.…My sample file is the Transportation_Data Excel workbook…that you can find in the chapter four folder…of your exercise files collection.…
I have an outline, and what I want to do…in the top section here is enter in the costs…that are associated with moving a car…between a yard, and a depot.…I'll click in cell C5 and start typing.…In cell C5 I'll enter the value .6…I have formatted the cell so it displays…two digits to the right of the decimal point.…Then in D5 I'll type .56, tab,…then next .22, and tab.…
.4 tab, and .51 and tab again.…Now, in cell H5 I'll type in the capacity…of the Minneapolis yard,…and that is 12,000, and enter.…Okay, everything looks good.…Now we can do the same thing for…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.