Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding data to the worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- Solving a mixture problem means…organizing your worksheet effectively.…Once you have the skeleton for your solution…and Tredento worksheet,…you can continue by entering the data…that Solver will use in its evaluations.…This movie's sample file,…LinearMixture_Data,…is an Excel workbook you can find in the…Chapter 2 folder of the Exercise Files collection,…and it is ready for data entry.…The first thing I'll do is enter in…the cost of each of the mixtures.…I'll put those in cells B5 through F5,…just under the headers Mix 1 through Mix 5.…
So, I'll click on cell B5 and type in 40,…press Tab for Mixture 2, 40,…for Mixture 3, 32,…for Mixture 4, 45,…and for Mixture 5, 20,…and press Enter.…Now, I will select cells B5 through F5,…and on the Home tab of the ribbon,…I will click the Accounting number format,…and because all of the costs are whole-dollar values,…I'll click the Decrease Decimal button twice…to take all the values down to whole numbers.…
Now, I can add in my other parameters.…In this case, I'll add in a couple of headers,…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.