- Once we have the outline for our solver model in place,…we can type in the numbers we will use later…when we create our constraints.…In this case we need to enter the number…of times each pair of teams will play,…that's twice if they're in the same division,…once if they're in different divisions.…Track the total number of games per week,…and ensure each team plays no more than once per week.…I'll do that work based…on the SportsScheduling_Data workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter Six folder…of the exercise files archive.…
So I have the basic outline that I need,…I have the team matchups,…I have the number of weeks,…I have my various row headers,…a label for my Objective cell,…and at the bottom, I have a small data table…that will track the number of times…that each team plays in a given week.…So I'll scroll back up,…and I will enter in the data that will be used…to create the solution.…First, I'll select cells B3 through P9,…type a 0,…and then press Ctrl Enter.…
Doing so enters the number zero…into the entire range.…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.