Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding command buttons for navigation, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- If you get excited about using forms…and your setup options,…then you might find it easier to…build some basic navigation forms.…Let's do a simple navigation structure.…Remember, if you're joining me now…and you open your exercise files,…you want to hold Shift to bypass the setup options.…Let's go ahead and open up my department list again.…You can double click it if you'd like…and then let's go to the Design View.…When people look at this form it's not always obvious…that the little new button is on the…bottom left-hand side of the navigation.…
We'd much rather give them a…bigger button called Add New People.…So, I'm going to go to the DESIGN tab of my Form tools…and I'm going to use the Command button,…I'm going to click on my Form,…and the Command Button Wizard prompts me…with all sorts of awesome options.…I'm going to go to Record Operations.…I want a button that will add a new record.…You see all your other options here.…Save is also a good one.…
I'll do Next.…Now, over the years I've learned that people can usually…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.