Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding code to a recorded macro, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
Excel VBA lets you write powerful code,…but with that power comes a fair bit of complexity.…Some aspects of Excel VBA are relatively simple.…Displaying a cell's content in bold type is a quick one-line solution;…however, working with complex objects, such as PivotTables, requires…substantially more effort.…If you run into a programming problem where the code is too complex to work…with easily, you can always record a version of what you want to do and modify…the code from there.…Let's say you want to create a macro that causes a PivotTable to display a…particular arrangement.…PivotTables have a lot of moving parts.…
Under no circumstances, should you try to write a PivotTable macro from scratch;…instead, you should use the macro recorder to do the heavy lifting and create…most of the code for you.…In this example, I have a PivotTable that summarizes sales from the Two…Trees Olive Oil company.…To create the macro, I will click another cell's Sheet tab.…That way I can activate the PivotSummary sheet as part of the recorded…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2016: Power Query (Get & Transform)with Oz du Soleil1h 49m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.