Learn how to add trendlines to charts. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to add a linear trendline and a linear forecast trendline to an existing chart. She also demonstrates how changing values in a data source causes the chart to redisplay with the new data.
- [Instructor] Trendlines help us…see the variances in data over a period of time,…and this will help us forecast…the likely path that the values will take in the future.…In this video, I'll demonstrate…how to add two different types of trendlines,…a Linear trendline and a Linear Forecast trendline.…We'll also see how when we change the values…in our data series, our chart is redisplayed…and appears to be animated.…Let's take a look at the 05_01 Charts workbook…and create some trendlines.…
On the 2017 Top Selling Items worksheet,…we can see that we are tracking five products…from January through June, and I've already…created a chart for us to work with.…It's on the Top Items Chart worksheet.…I'd like to go ahead and create a linear trendline…for our Canino product so that we can see…how our sales are progressing throughout these six months.…It's as simple as clicking on the data series for Canino,…going to our Chart Tools Design tab,…Add Charge Element and down to Trendline,…and these are the options that you have available…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.