In this video, learn how to add text to cells and numbers to cells. Discover how they behave in a cell, and learn how to save changes made to a workbook.
- [Instructor] So we've launched Microsoft Excel…here in Office 365, started a brand new blank workbook.…We're ready to start adding content now.…In this movie we'll focus on data, text, and numbers.…And we'll do it in the various cells,…each of which has its own address.…You may have noticed in the top left corner…after starting our brand new workbook,…one of the cells appears to be highlighted in green.…That's because it's the selected cell.…The address is column A row 1.…
In other words, the address is cell A1.…That's what appears up here in the name box.…Click anywhere in the middle of the screen here…and you'll see not only is the column header selected,…but so is the row header.…And you can see the address up here…in the name box for me, H14.…Let's go back to cell A1 and click there.…We're ready to start adding some content.…We'll start with text and let's give our sheet here a title.…Something that deals with revenues for 2019.…
It doesn't look like the column's going to be wide enough,…and they're all equal columns to begin with.…
- Explore efficient methods for adding functions and formulas.
- Format text, numbers, dates, and times.
- Save, share, and print your workbooks.
- Recognize how to freeze panes to control your view.
- Recall methods for protecting documents.