Use the Excel Map chart feature to plot broadly sales geographically, by zip code, region or state.
- [Voiceover] Picking back up,…with our somewhat complete dashboard,…you notice that there's some unused white space,…at the top of the dashboard that's created…by our timeline and our slicer.…There's not much we can do about it,…but I'm not gonna worry about it,…because we're going to place a map chart over it.…A map chart, somewhat like it sounds,…has the ability to map data, on a map.…And in this case, we're gonna go back…to our 3-year's sales data and use Ctrl + right arrow.…We come to address, city, and state.…A map chart is somewhat discrete,…in that it's not going to plot down to a city level,…but it will do state, zip codes, things like that.…
It's more of an overview of where trends are, in an area,…as opposed to actually pinpointing…certain sales opportunities.…So, I'm gonna come in here and repeat my sales column.…Then I'm using a very simple formula,…that's just equals, and an arrow left,…and when I get to sales, press enter,…and you'll see that the table has automatically…expanded that formula with me.…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.