Add a drop-down list to an Excel workbook to limit what your sales people can enter, like sales rep name, office location, or product name.
- [Narrator] Congratulations!…You've got a beautiful new template…ready to go and ready to share with your folks.…Or do you?…One of the biggest problems that I've found…with creating templates and sending them out to people…is the data that they give you back.…And a lot of times with a template like this,…you give people the absolute freedom…to enter whatever they want.…That may be good for them.…It's not always very good for you…largely because of misspellings…and people putting information in the wrong places.…Fortunately, Excel has a tool built in for you…that will allow you to fix this.…
It's called Data Validation.…So you see in this field for sales rep,…people can type in any name that they want.…Well what if you misspell the names?…When you create reports…names that are misspelled may look the same,…but even if they're not,…even if they're off by one letter,…all of a sudden you have two people.…That becomes a real problem…when you're trying to consolidate your information,…because you want everything to be under one person.…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.