Oz du Soleil explores Add Column by Example, a new feature in Get & Transform in Excel 2016.
- [Narrator] Now let's look at a new feature…in getting transformed and it's called…add column by example.…Here we have a lot of pie data.…This is the result of a query where we added some columns.…Here is the source data.…Let's go back into the query and add columns by example.…We're going to play a little bit here.…Data, show queries.…And we're going to edit.…
Okay. Here are the pies that were ordered…and we've got our Monday through Wednesday data.…And we've done math to get slice equivalence…because a pie is worth eight slices.…And we calculated the slices and we have total slices.…Alright, first of all. Just to clear some room…let's get rid of Monday through Wednesday.…Highlight. Hold down the shift key.…Select Wednesday, right click, remove.…
Now we'd like to say apple pie whole…equals 232 slices.…We could do that via a custom column.…But we're going to do column by example.…Add column. Columns from examples.…Okay. So it's asking me for an example.…Apple pie.…
Look at the ghosting.…It's asking me do I want this or not.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.