Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video The Accuracy and Validation group, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- OK let's look at the accuracy and validation.…We're gonna look at the accuracy chart which…is going to generate for us a lift chart,…which you'll understand as soon as you see it.…And we'll just go Next and we'll use clustering, Next.…And we wanna predict if they're gonna buy a bike…rather than they're not gonna buy a bike.…And we'll go Next and we're gonna use our input table.…And everything's the same here, you see Education…is not a match so we'll pull down our selection arrow…and say that we're gonna use EnglishEducation…and we'll call Finish and it loaded the chart for us.…
Now this line right in here is pure randomness.…So what we need to do is add the other data.…First off let me show it to you, so…we've got pure randomness and then…we have an ideal model, you know,…in the perfect world, and then we have what our…clustering chart can actually do for us.…So down here we're going to come in and we're gonna…select the data to add to the chart…and we wanna add Series2 and I'm gonna…Cancel out of this, OK, and we've already…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.