Like the AMORDEGRC function, which lets you calculate depreciation using coefficients defined under French accounting rules, the AMORLINC function lets you find the depreciation for a specific accounting period. As with the other function, this function assumes you’re working within the French system.
- [Voiceover] If you're doing business…with a French company, or,…if you work for a French owned company,…then it's possible that you will need to calculate…depreciation under French accounting rules.…In this movie I will show you how to…calculate depreciation for a specific accounting period.…The function I will show you will do…that calculation as required.…My sample file is EachPeriod_02_07,…and that's a sample workbook you can find…in the chapter two folder of the exercise files collection.…I have all the arguments that I need here.…
The cost, date purchased, first period end for accounting,…salvage value, and then the period,…the rate of depreciation, and this is…a percentage or ratio that your accountant…will need to define for you,…and finally the basis, which is…the calender that you'll use.…I'll give you more information about that…when we create the formula.…Let's go ahead and do that.…I'll click in cell C11, type equal,…and the function that I want to use is A-M-O-R-L-I-N-C,…this returns the pro-rated linear depreciation…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Calculating depreciation
- Determining values and rates of return
- Calculating bond coupon dates and security durations
- Calculating security prices and yields
- Calculating prices and yields of securities with odd periods
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Calculating Prices and Yields of Securities with Odd Periods
Additional resources1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.