- What's AI and how does it work?
- Optimization and AI
- Using data to make optimized decisions
- Building a basic AI algorithm
- Opportunities for AI in marketing and product pricing
- Where AI doesn't work
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Michael] Alexa, self-driving cars, robots that can do backflips. These days it's hard not to turn on the TV or browse social media without hearing about these advances. But what exactly are they? And how do they work? Well, my friends, they're fueled through the power of artificial intelligence, more commonly referred to as AI. In this course I will give you a gentle introduction to the basics of AI and how it can be used in a variety of business settings. We'll look at the logic that can power AI decisions behind setting product prices, making marketing decisions, determining investment choices and much more. And we'll do all of this without complex computer programming or specialized software. I'm Dr. Michael McDonald. I'm professor of finance, a Wall Street veteran, and a frequent industry consultant on AI and using algorithms in finance. If you're ready to start learning about the revolutionary changes taking place in AI, then let's program ourselves for fun and learning and start now.