The ribbon, which displays many of the program’s capabilities without requiring you to open a menu, makes it easier for you to find what you’re looking for and to discover capabilities you might not have encountered before.
- [Instructor] Excel for Office 365…includes a user interface called the Ribbon.…When Microsoft studied how users interacted with Excel,…and other office programs, they discovered…that many users asked Microsoft to add features…that were already available in Excel.…The Ribbon, which displays many of your programs…capabilities without requiring you to open a menu…makes it easier for you to find what you're looking for,…and to discover capabilities…you might not have encountered before.…I'll give you a tour of the Ribbon in this movie.…
When you install Excel, the program displays eight tabs,…and that is the top level of the Ribbon's organization.…You can see the eight built-in tabs…from left to right: Home all the way through View.…Table is what's called a contextual tab,…and it appears when certain special objects…are selected in the body of a worksheet.…So for example, I currently have…a cell within an Excel table selected.…If I were to click a blank cell outside of the table,…for example, B16, then you see that…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.