Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Excel 2019 for Mac Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before I dive into Excel for Mac 2019, I'd like to give you an overview of what will help you if you know it before you go into this course. First, you should have good familiarity with the Mac OS. That means that you should know several different things. The first is how to create and manage files. Although I do demonstrate how to perform these tasks within Excel, you should have a general familiarity with it for the Mac. Also, you should be used to using the Command, Control, Shift, and Option keys to control programs.
In Excel for Mac 2019 most of the interesting options are available on the ribbon, but some of them are only available through keyboard shortcuts, or it's much easier to use the keyboard than the ribbon or the menu system. Also you should be used to selecting files and other items using clicks and Control-clicks. That's basically an extension of the previous note. And finally, you should be patient and inquisitive. Excel for Mac 2019 is a vast program.
There's a lot going on, so take your time, learn and practice what you need to know, and before you know it, you'll be a master.
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Sorting, filtering, and managing worksheets
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating and managing conditional formats
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Working with PivotTables
- Exporting workbooks
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 11s
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Managing Workbooks
3. Working with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Managing Worksheets
5. Summarizing Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Formatting Worksheet Elements
7. Working with Charts
8. Working with External Data and Objects
9. Exploring PivotTables
10. Reviewing and Sharing Spreadsheets
Further information1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.