Rather than dive straight into the details of how to manipulate Excel, let's take a few minutes to see what’s possible. After you get a feel for what you can do in the program, explore how to perform specific tasks.
- [Instructor] When you start Excel for the first time,…the program can be pretty intimidating.…You're faced with a blank spreadsheet and literally hundreds…of user interface options.…Where do you begin?…Rather than dive straight into the details…of how to manipulate Excel, I'll take a few minutes…to show you what's possible.…After you get a feel for some of the things…you can do in the program, I'll demonstrate…how to perform specific tasks.…My sample file for this movie…is the What To Do Excel Workbook.…And you can find it in the Chapter One folder…of the exercise files collection.…
In this workbook I have a single worksheet…and on it I have tracked cash on hand for a company.…In fact, the most common task that you'll perform…in Excel is to summarize collections of data.…You'll see on the left side that I have a table…that tracks cash on hand for a business.…For each transaction I have the date,…whether it's an income or expense,…and the ending balance.…There are a couple of things to note…about the table that I've created.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.