Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Excel?, part of Learning Excel for Mac 2016.
- Before we start using Microsoft Excel for the Mac 2016…to create great looking spreadsheets,…you need to know what Excel is,…and why you would use it.…Well, by definition, Excel is an…electronic spreadsheet program, in other words,…Excel is a software application that is used…for the storing, organizing, and manipulation of data.…The data is entered into cells,…which are organized into columns and rows,…and data can be text, numbers, or formulas.…In Excel, a formula will typically be used…to calculate data found in other cells.…
So, who uses Excel?…Well, quite often, Excel is used…by those who work with financial data.…Excel will be used to perform basic mathematical functions,…like totalling up columns or rows of data.…It will be used to find values such as profits or losses,…or even the maximum or minimum values…in a specified range of data, and other useful calculations…include finding averages, number counts, and percentages.…But performing calculations in Excel…is only the tip-of-the-iceberg.…Excel is often used to chart or graph data to make it easier…
- Create new workbooks
- Work with text
- Add formulas and functions
- Use Auto Fill
- Format data
- Manage rows and columns
- Share and print workbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel 2016
2. Modifying Worksheets
3. Sharing and Printing Workbooks
Printing workbooks3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.