Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Auto Fill, part of Learning Excel for Mac 2016.
- You know Excel is all about helping you get your work done…quickly and efficiently.…There are a number of powerful features and functions…built-in to help you do that.…We're going to explore one of them now called Auto Fill,…where Excel picks up patterns…and automatically fills cells for you.…Let's experiment with our…Landon Hotels - Revenues Sheet here,…you open up RH_Revenues0106 if you need to get caught up.…And let's go down here to cell A15, just click there,…and type in the word Monday.…Press return, and type in Tuesday.…
Now we see a pattern, will Excel?…You bet.…Click and drag from A15 down to A16…so we get both those days,…and now we know we can go to that little handle…in the bottom right corner, and click and drag it…straight down to copy cells.…But, look what happens when we move over the handle…and see the black cross, click and drag straight down,…Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, it's all popping up.…It's automatically going to fill those cells…when we release, with the right days of the week.…Very cool stuff.…
- Create new workbooks
- Work with text
- Add formulas and functions
- Use Auto Fill
- Format data
- Manage rows and columns
- Share and print workbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel 2016
2. Modifying Worksheets
3. Sharing and Printing Workbooks
Printing workbooks3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.