You can also create these links within an Excel workbook to provide access to websites, other files, and to send e-mail messages to your colleagues. In this video, learn how to create and manage hyperlinks in Excel workbooks.
- [Instructor] One of the strengths…of modern computers is your ability to connect…to outside resources using hyperlinks.…You probably think of the World Wide Web when you think…of hyperlinks, but you can also create links…within an Excel workbook to other files…and also to send email messages to your colleagues.…In this movie, I will show you how to create…and manage hyperlinks in Excel workbooks.…Let's say that you want to create a link to a web page.…Why would you do that?…Well, to provide a link to an online resource or a page,…perhaps on your company's intranet.…
If you want to define a hyperlink to a web page,…then click the cell where you want to create the hyperlink,…in this case, I have already clicked cell B3,…and then open the Hyperlink dialog box.…To do that, go to the Insert tab of the ribbon…and then click Link.…Doing so displays the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.…If you prefer to use the keyboard,…you can use the shortcut Command+K.…When you open the Insert Hyperlink dialog box,…the text to display is either the text…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.