There are times when you only want to perform calculations if the inputs meet one or more criteria. In this video, learn how to use conditional functions to perform specific calculations when those criteria are met.
- [Instructor] Most of the formulas…that you create in Excel…will always follow the same pattern…to compute a result.…In this movie, I will show you…how to create conditional functions…to find the sum, average or count of values…based on one or more criteria.…This workbook has two worksheets,…and I am working on the categories worksheet.…I have a list of data…for a series of product categories…and I'd like to find the sum,…average and count of values…that meet specific criteria.…
Let's say that I want to find the sum…of all sales for light bulbs.…You see that in column B,…I have my category, and I have light bulbs…in row four, and in row eight.…So, in cell F2, which I already have selected,…I'll type an equal sign,…and then the function name…is the same as in E2, that is sumif…then in left parenthesis,…now I need to identify the range,…and this is the range against which…we are going to be comparing our criteria.…
So, we're looking for category,…and that would be cells B2 through B9,…which I just selected, then a comma.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.