When you enter data into a worksheet, you usually enter it in the order it was received. If you’d like to rearrange the data in the list, you can do so by sorting.
- [Narrator] When you enter data into a worksheet,…you usually enter it in the order it was received.…If you'd like to rearrange the data in the list,…you can do that by sorting.…In this movie,I will demonstrate how to sort a list of data.…I have a list of monthly revenue values,…for the years 2017 and 2018.…And I I scroll down, you can see all the values…from months one through twelve.…Let's say that I want to sort the values by revenue,…and I want the largest values at the top,…and the smallest values at the bottom.…
To do that I click any cell inside of the revenue column,…that's Collum C on the work book,…and then on the home tab of the ribbon,…I click the Sort and Filter button,…and I can sort by smallest to largest,…or in this case, I want largest to smallest.…That would put the biggest values on top.…I click that and I see that my revenue has been sorted.…And I have the years 2017 and 2018 mixed in.…If I want to undo the sort, I can press Command + Z,…and that undoes it right there.…
We can also sort by date, or in alphabetical order by text.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.