Sometimes when you print a worksheet, you only want to print part of the data it contains. If that’s the case, you can define a print area to limit the data you print. Learn how to create and remove print areas in this video.
- [Narrator] Sometimes when you print a worksheet,…you only want to print part of the data it contains.…If that's the case, you can define a print area…to limit the data that prints.…I'll show you how to create and remove print areas…in this movie.…This workbook contains a worksheet with category goals…and actual sales for three years.…The goals are for 2018, and the sales…are for 2016, 2017, and 2018.…Let's say that I only want to print the values…in the cell range A10 through D15, actual sales.…
To do that, I can select that cell range, A10 through D15,…then go to the page layout tab,…then click print area, and click set print area.…And when I click away, you see that I have…a thin gray border around the area.…Now if I press command P to open the print dialogue,…you'll see that instead of the entire worksheet's contents…appearing, I just have the area that I selected.…In this case I don't really want to print,…so I'll just click cancel.…
You may only define one print area…for a worksheet at a time, so if you want…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.