Excel can correct common spelling errors and format email addresses and web links as hyperlinks. In this video, discover how to control and reverse the changes Excel makes automatically.
- When you enter values into an Excel worksheet, the program…looks at those values to determine if you have made any…errors it knows how to correct.…For example, Excel will correct common spelling errors…and format email addresses and web links as hyperlinks.…In this movie I will show you how to control and reverse…the changes Excel makes automatically.…This is a straight forward workbook.…And on its only worksheet I have the start of a customer…list with two customers.…Let's say that I want to add another customer and the name…of this company is ACN.…
So I'll click in cell A4 and in all capital letters…I'll type ACN and press tab.…And when I do, you can see that Excel has…changed ACN to CAN.…The reason being that acn is a common misspelling…of the word can.…In this case however, my customer's name is ACN,…so I do not want the change to occur.…That means I need to go into the Excel preferences dialogue…box to change this auto-correct entry.…
To go into Excel preferences I would press cmd + ,…and then under the Authoring section,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.