One of the most useful skills you can have when you use Excel is selecting cells or groups of cells. In this video, discover some techniques to select cells in your worksheets.
- [Instructor] One of the most useful skillsets…you can have in Excel is selecting cells…or groups of cells.…In this movie I will teach you some techniques…to select cells in your worksheets.…If you want to select a single cell…all you need to do is click it…as I'll do here with cell G5.…That is now outlined and it's the active cell.…If you want to select a group of cells…you can click and drag.…So let's say that I want to select…the cells from A3 here to G7.…
So basically I would have all of the data…for January through March for each…of the years in my dataset.…So I'll click cell A3, hold down the left…mouse button and drag until I cover cell G7…and that is a selected range.…The cell that you started with, in this case A3,…is designated as the active cell.…You can also click a cell and then use the shift…arrow keyboard combination to add cells to your selection.…
So let's say that I click cell B4, and then…I hold down the shift key, and press the right arrow key.…You see that the selection is extending…one column to the right every time I press the key.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.