Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing rows and columns, part of Learning Excel for Mac 2016.
- Well, if you were following along…in the previous movie where we added a date,…it did make an adjustment to one of our columns,…making it much wider than it needs to be.…So in this movie, we are going to manage…our rows and columns, which includes…inserting and deleting rows and columns,…changing column widths and row heights,…and there a number of different ways to accomplish this.…We're going to do with our Landon Hotel Revenues sheet here,…and you can open up RH_Revenues0204…if you need to get caught up.…One option for changing up a column's width…is to go to the column headers…and go in between the letters.…
You'll see your mouse pointer change…to a double arrow pointing left to right.…That means you can now click and drag…to the right to make it wider,…or to the left to make it shorter.…I'm going to go a little bit to the left and release.…And you can see what happens.…Everything fits nicely now.…What if you have a column you don't need,…Column B, for example?…Well, one option is to click anywhere in Column B.…
- Create new workbooks
- Work with text
- Add formulas and functions
- Use Auto Fill
- Format data
- Manage rows and columns
- Share and print workbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel 2016
2. Modifying Worksheets
3. Sharing and Printing Workbooks
Printing workbooks3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.