The best way to organize your data within a workbook is to create a separate worksheet for distinct data sets. In this video, learn how to create, delete, and manage your worksheets.
- [Instructor] When you create an Excel workbook,…it comes with one worksheet,…where you can store and summarize your data.…The best way to organize your data within a workbook,…is to create a separate worksheet for distinct data stats.…In this movie I will show you how to create,…delete, and manage your worksheets.…This workbook already contains two worksheets,…Monthly and Yearly,…and we're looking at Monthly Revenue.…If I wanted to add another worksheet,…I could go down to the sheet tab pane here,…and click the New Sheet button,…and my new sheet is created.…
And note that it's created to the right…of the active sheet,…so it is between the Monthly and Yearly sheets.…If I wanted to rename the worksheet,…I can double click its tab.…You can see that the name is highlighted,…and I'll call this Weekly.…And return.…If I want to change the worksheet's position,…I can do that by dragging it on the sheet tab.…So I'll move Weekly to the right of Yearly.…So I have Monthly and I'll drag here,…and you can see that it's been repositioned.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.