One very effective way to collaborate with other users is to add comments to a workbook. Adding comments lets you make notes without changing the contents of any cells. In this video, discover how to add, edit, display, and delete comments.
- [Instructor] One very effective way…to collaborate with other users is…to add comments to a workbook.…Adding comments lets you make notes…without changing the contents of any cells.…In this movie, I will show you how to add,…edit, display, and delete comments.…This workbook has a single worksheet,…and in it, I have the projected number of units sold…for four different product categories.…And let's say that I'm concerned…that the lightbulb sales are so low,…and I'd like to note that using a comment.…
I'll start by clicking cell B5.…And then on the review tab of the ribbon,…I will click the New Comment button.…The comment box appears with my name as the current user.…And I'll type in 'Concerned this number is so low.'…All right, so that's my comment, and I'll click away.…The comment disappears, but there is a comment indicator,…a red triangle, at the top right corner of cell B5.…
If I move the mouse pointer over that cell,…then the comment appears.…However, if I click the cell and move…the mouse pointer away, it doesn't stay visible.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.