Part of that format includes the cell’s alignment, which means that the data can start at the left edge of the cell, end at the right edge, or be centered within the cell. If you want, you can reposition your data within a cell by changing its alignment.
- [Instructor] When you enter a value into your worksheet,…Excel determines what type of value it is.…That could be a number, text, date, and so on.…And assigns the cell a format based on that data's type.…Part of the format includes the cell's alignment.…Which means that the data can start at the left edge of the…cell and at the right edge will be centered within the cell.…If you want, you can reposition your data…within a cell, by changing its alignment.…I'll demonstrate how to perform those tasks in this movie.…Text alignment comes in three different…varieties: left, right, and center.…
You can also change the vertical arrangement of the values.…And that could be the top, middle or bottom.…Let's start with left and right…because that's the most familiar.…In cells B3 through D3 I have the headers…for the columns in the table.…I have Quarter, Month, and Revenue.…Currently, they are left aligned, which is the default…for text and also at the bottom.…If I want to change the alignment…for those cells to centered,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.