Pivoting and filtering the PivotTable changes how the individual data elements are displayed, but you can also position the subtotals and grand totals for rows and columns to summarize your data as desired.
- [Instructor] Excel pivot tables display your data…in as much or as little detail as you prefer.…Pivoting and filtering the pivot table…changes how the individual data elements are displayed.…But you can also position the subtitles and grand totals…for rows and columns to summarize your data as desired.…In this movie, I will show you how to work…with subtotals and grand totals.…On sheet one of this workbook, I have a pivot table…that summarizes sales by category…and then by product name.…
Also note, that in the right hand column,…which has the values, I also have subtotals.…So at the top of each group,…for batteries, grid tie inverters, landscape lighting,…and if I scroll down you can see light bulbs, solar panels…and wind harvesters, I have subtotals.…I also have a grand total for…the entire table at the bottom.…So I have subtotals turned on…and also grand totals turned on.…I'll scroll back up to the top.…
Note that subtotals are positioned…at the top of each group.…I personally prefer that they be at the bottom.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.