When you summarize data in a chart, Excel adds markers and labels to the chart’s horizontal and vertical axes to help viewers interpret the chart’s contents. As with other elements of your chart, you can control the appearance of those markers.
- [Instructor] When you summarize data in a chart,…Excel adds markers and labels…to the chart's horizontal and vertical axes…to help viewers interpret the chart's contents.…As with other elements of your chart,…you can control the appearance of your axes.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie.…This chart has two axes,…a horizontal axis and a vertical axis.…The horizontal axis shows the categories.…In this case, product categories,…batteries, landscape lighting, and so on.…And the vertical axis is a numerical axis…and it describes the number of orders.…
And you can see it starts at zero and tops out at 18,000.…If you want to change the properties of your axes,…then you need to Control + click a value on one of them.…So let's say we want to work with the horizontal axis.…I'll hold down the Control key and click any value.…The tool tip says horizontal…and then in parentheses, category axis,…so you know you're in the right place.…So I'll Control + click,…and the last item on the shortcut menu that appears…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.