If you find that you consistently create your own formats for headers, text, and other worksheet elements, you can save those formatting patterns as cell styles, too.
- [Instructor] Excel comes with quite a few tools,…that you can use to format your worksheet.…It also comes with a set of predefined formats,…called cell styles that you can apply to your worksheet.…If you find that you consistently,…create your own formats for headers,…text and other worksheet elements,…you can save those formatting patterns as cell styles too.…I'll demonstrate how to create,…and apply your own cell styles in this movie.…I have a formatted workbook,…and what I'd like to do is to apply some existing styles.…
For example, I could apply an existing cell style,…to cells A2 through C2,…which currently contain my column headers.…To apply a cell style, select the cell or cells,…to which you you want to apply the style.…Then on the home tab click the cell styles button.…You'll see these styles gallery,…and in here you have a number of built in styles,…and you can also create your own.…So lets say that I want to apply,…the accent one,…themed cell style.…
Which is blue with white text so I'll click that.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.