Excel does its best to help you avoid and fix formula errors. One of the ways it does that is to display indicators and messages that flag and describe the problem. In this video, learn how to interact and manage formula error indicators.
- [Narrator] Excel does it's best to help you avoid…and fix formula errors.…One of ways it does that is to display indicators…in messages that flag and describe problems.…In this movie, I will show you how to interact with,…and manage formula error indicators.…This workbook contains a single worksheet…and on it you can see two error indicators.…The first in in cell B seven and that has a…divide by zero error and then in cell G three…there is a green flag indicating that there might be a…problem but the formula does show a result.…
I'll talk you through both of these cases.…The more severe of the two is in cell B seven…where we have a divide by zero error.…The calculations for average per sale and if I click…cell B seven I'll see that we're trying to divide…B three by B four.…So B three is sales revenue and sales count is blank…which is treated as a zero and that is the…cause of the error.…Note that with cell B seven selected there's an…error action button to the left of the cell and if you…click that, you get a number of options, you can get…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.