Excel worksheets often contain a lot of data, much more than you can look through easily if you want to find a specific value.
- [Instructor] Excel worksheets often contain a lot of data,…much more than you can look through easily…if you want to find a specific value.…In this movie, I will show you how to find…and replace values within a sheet.…This workbook contains a single worksheet…and in it you can see that I have a list…first name and last name, city, state, and category…for customers who placed orders.…Let's say that I want to find every instance…of the state California, which is abbreviated CA.…To search for that within the sheet,…I can go to the search sheet box…which is at the top right corner of the program window.…
And then I'll type CA and return.…So there I have the first instance, which is highlighted.…And then if I go up to the search in sheet box again…I can click the next button.…I see that highlighted.…Then I also see it within landscape lighting,…because L-A-N-D-S-C-A appears.…So what this tells you is that you're looking for a string…not an entire word, at least the way we do this here.…Click the next button again…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.