There may be times when you need to enter a symbol into a worksheet. Some typical symbols are fractions, mathematical symbols, trademark or copyright symbols, and so on.
- [Narrator] Most of the data…you enter into an Excel worksheet…will either be plain text or numbers.…There will be times, however,…when you need to enter a symbol…into a worksheet.…Some typical symbols are fraction,…mathematical symbols, trademark or copyright symbols…and so on.…In this movie, I will show you how to insert…these special symbols into your worksheets.…This workbook contains a single worksheet…and on it I have a list of three things I'd like to enter…that require the use of symbols.…First is a key sequence to copy a cell,…second is a card needed to attend a party,…and third is the registered trademark symbol.…
I'll start by clicking cell D-2,…which for me is already selected,…and I will need to insert a symbol for a key sequence.…This is what I call the clover leaf symbol,…and you'll see it on the command key…of your Mac keyboard.…To insert a symbol,…go to the Insert tab of the ribbon,…and then, perhaps not unsurprisingly,…go over to the symbol button and click that,…and you get the symbol dialog box.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.