When you look at an Excel worksheet, it appears that the cells, rows, and columns, are fixed in place. In fact, you can insert, delete, and move pretty much any element of an Excel worksheet.
- When you look at an Excel worksheet,…it appears that the cells, rows, and columns…are fixed in place.…In fact, you can insert, delete, and move…pretty much any element of an Excel worksheet.…In this movie, I'll show you techniques…that will save you a lot of time…by letting you fix mistakes with one or two clicks…instead of several minutes of tedious cutting and pasting.…This worksheet is a mess.…I have a list of months, and you see that I have January,…no February, March, and then at the bottom…I have two Decembers, a blank where I have no data,…and then January again.…
So I need to clean up this worksheet.…Let's say that I want to add a new row…at the top of the worksheet, a new row 1.…For example, I might want to put in a header.…To do that, I can Ctrl + click the row 1 header…which is here.…You know you're in the right position…when it highlights in green, so I'll Ctrl + click.…And from the list that appears, I'll click Insert,…and I have a new row 1…and I could add a header if I want to.…
I also see that I have Month and Inquires here…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.