Excel includes a number of very useful tools you can use to ensure your formulas use the proper values. One of those tools gives you the ability to determine which cells are used in which worksheet formulas.
- [Instructor] Excel includes a number of very useful tools…that you can use to ensure your formulas…use the proper values.…One of those tools gives you the ability to determine…which cells are used in which worksheet formulas.…I will demonstrate how to trace the precedents…and dependents for given cells.…Cells can play two general roles in a formula,…as a precedent or as a dependent.…Displaying a cell's precedents…indicates whether cells provide the formula's inputs,…and displaying a cell's dependents shows what other cells…use the selected cell's value as an input.…
Excel lets you display tracer arrows to identify…where values are taken and where they're going.…Let's say that I want to find the precedents…for the formula in cell D3 which is the Sum of Inquiries.…In columns A and B, I have an Inquiries Summary,…that's broken down by month and then the count.…If I want to have a visual representation…of the formula inputs,…for cell D3,…then I can select the cell, which for me it already is,…then I can go to the Formulas tab of the Ribbon,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.