In this video, learn how to use the help system to find the information you need.
- [Instructor] Excel is a powerful program…with lots of capabilities.…The good news is that you can do…lots of things with it, but the bad news is…that it is impossible to cover…everything in a course like this.…Fortunately, Excel comes with Help files,…samples, and videos that you can view…on your computer or on the official Help site.…In this movie, I will show you…how to use the Help System to find…the information you need.…If you want to get help in Excel,…but aren't sure what to look for,…you can use the User Interface…to learn more about what to search for.…
For example, if you hover your mouse pointer…over a button and you're not sure what it is.…For example, let's say that I'm not sure what…this button here does, with the right pointing blue arrow.…If I move the mouse pointer over top of it,…I see a Tool Tip with the text, Increase Indent.…If I want to get help on that,…then I need to go to the Help menu.…It's not displayed in full screen mode,…but if you move your mouse pointer…over the top edge of the program window,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.