Excel worksheets typically contain a lot of data, usually much more than you can display on your monitor at one time. Sorting helps to group similar data together, but it still shows in the entire list. In this video, learn how to limit the data displayed
- [Instructor] Excel worksheets typically contain…a lot of data, usually much more than you can display…on your monitor at one time.…Sorting helps group similar data together,…but it still shows the entire list.…In this movie, I will show you how to limit…the data displayed in your worksheet by creating filters.…I have a list of customer inquiries that were sent to…a company and it's broken down by year and by season.…Let's say that I only want to see…values from Spring and Summer.…
To limit the data that's displayed, I can create a filter.…So I'll click any cell within the body of the data list…and then on the Home tab, I will go to…the sort and filter button, click that, and click filter.…Doing so turns on the filter arrows…for the column headers in my data list.…I want to sort by season,…so I'll click the season filter arrow.…At the top you see that I can sort…either in ascending or descending order,…and below that I have a number of filter options.…
At the bottom you'll see a series of check boxes…and these allow me to indicate the specific values…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.