For example, if your company’s operations are divided into four regions, you might want to display just those results for one of the regions. You can limit the data displayed in a PivotTable by creating a filter.
- [Instructor] Pivot tables can summarize…huge data collections, but many times you'll want to limit…the data displayed in a given category.…For example, if you have six different product categories,…you might want to limit it to only two or three.…In this movie, I will show you how to limit the data…displayed within a pivot table by using a filter.…On Sheet One of this workbook,…I have a pivot table that summarizes data in the rows…by state, and in the columns, by product category.…Let's say that I want to limit…which categories are displayed.…
To do that I'll go to the cell that contains…the Column Labels field header.…If you don't see that, go to the Pivot Table Analyze…contextual tab at the ribbon.,…and make sure that the Field Headers button is selected.…This is what it looks like if it's turned off,…and this is what it looks like when it's turned on.…So, go ahead and click the Column Labels cell's Down Arrow…and you'll see that you can sort and filter…based on the values in product category.…
If I want to select individual values,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.