If you need to collaborate with anyone who doesn’t use Microsoft Excel, or perhaps an earlier version of Excel, you can probably save your data in a format they can read. Learn how to do that in this video.
- [Instructor] If you need to collaborate with anyone…who doesn't use Microsoft Excel…or perhaps uses an earlier version of Excel,…you can probably save your data in a format they can read.…I will show you how to do that in this movie.…The best way to export your data from Excel is…to save the file using a different format.…To do that, you want to open the Save As dialog box,…and the keyboard shortcut for that is Command + Shift + S.…So I'll hold down Command + Shift and press S,…and I get the Save As dialog box.…
The first thing you need to do,…if you want, is to change the name of the file.…In this case, I will call it MonthlyUnitSales.…I'll leave…the Where as it is for now.…And I won't change the file extension.…That will be changed automatically…when I select a new format.…Now I have my file format,…so I'll click the File Format control.…And I have a lot of formats to work with.…I can save it as a workbook for Excel 97 through 2004,…which uses the .xls format.…
I can also save it as a Web Page, Excel Template, and so on.…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.