- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by background color, font color, or icon
- Sorting based on the order of a custom list or in random order
- Creating a top-10 list with values or percentage
- Creating single and multiple level subtotals from a sorted list
- Creating specialized filtered lists using Advanced Filter
- Quickly eliminating duplicate rows from lists
- Counting unique items using an array formula
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Dennis] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to this course on managing and analyzing data in Excel. When you work with large lists, you need tools to manage your data and get the most information out of them. Excel has a variety of features specifically designed for these purposes and I'll cover them in detail in this course. I'll start by showing you a variety of ways to use the most important data management tool, sorting, and then show you how you can see just the data you need using filtering. I'll also show you how to automatically insert subtitles into sorted lists, how to identify and delete duplicate data, and how to convert a list into a table.
Also, how to gather valuable statistical information via the COUNTIF SUMIF family of functions and that database statistical functions. This course is designed to further your knowledge of Excel. If you have little or no knowledge of this software, we recommend viewing the Excel Essentials course first. If you already feel comfortable using Excel, let's get started.