In Excel, you can streamline that process by using AutoFill. In this video, learn how to enter data quickly and efficiently.
- [Narrator] Excel makes it easier…for you to enter your data.…In most cases, you can click a cell,…type the value you want, and press Return.…There will be times, though,…when you need to enter a lot of data by hand.…For example, if you track sales by month,…you might need to enter a long string of month names.…In Excel, you can streamline that process…by using autofill and other techniques.…In this movie, I will show you…how to enter data quickly and efficiently.…At the top left, I have started by entering in…a couple of headings, month and year,…and then, January, which will be…one of the values under Month.…
If you want to enter a value into a cell,…just click the cell, like I've done here with Cell B2,…and then, start typing in the value.…So, let's say I do CY, which is short for Calendar Year,…and then, 2015, and Enter.…There is my value.…I can do the same thing in Cell C2, for CY2016.…However, if I'm not sure…I want to enter data into that cell,…I can get out of it by pressing Escape,…and that returns the cell to its previous state,…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.