In this video, learn how to find the highest and lowest values in your worksheets by using top ten conditional formats to change those cells’ formatting so the values stand out.
- [Instructor] Sometimes it seems like we are inundated…with top 10 lists.…The top 10 movies, top 10 vacation spots, and so on.…Businesses also use top 10 lists to reward their employees.…Perhaps giving awards to their top 10 sales representatives.…In this movie I will show you how to find the highest…and lowest values in your worksheets…and change those cells' formatting so the values…stand out.…I have a list of 10 dates and on it I have solar efficiency…for a particular installation.…
Let's say that I want to identify the top three days…in terms of rate by changing those cells' formatting.…To do that I can create a top 10 conditional format.…First I'll select the cells to which I want to apply…the format, so that's B4 through B13.…And then on the home tab of the ribbon I'll click…the conditional formatting button.…From the button list that appears I'll point at top…and bottom rules.…And I can select the type of rule that I want to create.…
For this I'll do top 10 items.…This displays the new formatting rule dialog box…
- Creating workbooks
- Manipulating cell data
- Using core functions and formulas
- Formatting worksheet elements
- Creating PivotTables
- Collaborating with others
- Working with charts
- Adding images and shapes
- Saving workbooks
- Printing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Excel
2. Manage Workbooks
3. Work with Worksheets, Cells, and Cell Data
4. Sort, Filter, and Manage Worksheets
5. Summarize Data Using Formulas and Functions
6. Format Worksheet Elements
7. Work with Charts
8. Work with External Data and Objects
9. Explore PivotTables
10. Review and Share Your Spreadsheets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.